Agency of Clinical Research Management in Primay Care (AGICAP)
The IDIAP Jordi Gol Agency of Clinical Research Management in Primary Care (AGICAP), an organisation for the promotion and management of drug clinical trials. With over 340 investigators across the whole Catalan territory accredited with experience in clinical trials (GPs, paediatricians, gynaecologists, orthopaedics and trauma surgery specialists, pharmacologists, nurses), the AGICAP can reach up to 87% of the population.
The AGICAP's coordinator is Dr. Ernest Vinyoles.
- Promotion of high standard clinical trials in primary care in Catalonia.
- To advise the sponsor of the clinical trial on the feasibility of the project, as well as the technical, scientific, administrative and collaborative aspects.
- Planning and implementation of clinical trials originating from the AGICAP network and from external sponsors, prior approval by the IDIAP Jordi Gol Independent Ethics Committee.
- Training in clinical trials for primary health care professionals.
- To further collaborations amongst the network’s investigators.
- To encourage and coordinate the exchange of ideas, research projects and research priorities in primary care in Catalonia.
- Advice on protocol design and study feasibility (clinical trials and post-authorisation studies) in primary care.
- Hands-on, real practical advice from clinical investigators with expertise in specific areas of research.
- Evaluation by the IDIAP’s Independent Ethics Committee, which oversees all Primary Care centres of the Catalan Health Institute and other organisations.
- Efficient, quality recruitment.
- Location of centre and accredited investigators within 10 days.
- Location of the most suited accredited investigators of the AGICAP network to carry out clinical trials.
- Training and accreditation of the network investigators
- Methodological and logistic support to the network’s investigators to develop trial protocols.
- Logistic support to investigators, centres and sponsor.
- Statistical analysis.
- Clinical trials monitoring.
- Clinical trials units with professionals and equipment in the Barcelona area.
- Dealing with confidentiality issues throughout the whole process.
- Patient protection and safety.
- Speeding up of procedures related to administrative permits.
- Speeding up of administrative procedures in relation to contracts and payments.
- Payments to researchers and centres.